- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Actifed Multi-Action Tablets (Pack of 12)
- Unblocks SinusesDries runny noses, Unblocks stuffy nosesClears Catarrh
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
You can buy Actifed Tablets online from our UK registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order. After completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
Actifed is a treatment used to help control symptoms of cold, flu and allergies for individuals over the age of 12 years old. Actifed contains the active ingredients pseudoephedrine (decongestant) and triprolidine (an antihistamine) gets to work on:
- A runny nose
- Watering eyes
- Nasal congestion
- Blocked sinus
- The common cold is a self-limiting infection and you should be feeling better after 1-2 weeks.
- To relieve a sore throat you could try gargling salt water
- Ensure you have plenty of rest and sleep
- Ensure you are keeping yourself warm
- Try to drink plenty of water in order to prevent dehydration
- It may be worthwhile speaking to a healthcare professional about the flu vaccine
- Smokers have a higher chance of having more problematic and lengthened illness so it may be of interest to them to learn about the benefits of stopping smoking.
Actifed is widely used and effective cold and flu medication however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find actifed is not effective for you, you may want to try day & night nurse capsules.
Other treatments for cold and flu are available at Rightdose. These include:
- Day & Night Nurse Capsules
- Sudafed Decongestant Tablets
- Pholcodine Linctus
- Vicks Vaporub
- Night Nurse Liquid
- Tyrozets Lozenges
- Lemsip Max Cold and Flu Sachets
Actifed Tablets Reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is Actifed?
Actifed Tablets is a medicine which is used to relieve the symptoms of colds, flu and allergies including sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, nasal congestion and blocked sinuses.
What is the ingredient of Actifed?
The active ingredients contained in Actifed are Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 60 mg and Triprolidine Hydrochloride 2.5 mg in each tablet.
Can I take paracetamol with Actifed?
Yes. Actifed and paracetamol can be used together as there is no interaction with the active ingredients.
What is the difference between Actifed and Sudafed?
Actifed contains the active ingredient Pseudoephedrine and Sudafed contains the active ingredient Phenylephrine. Both active ingredients in each product are decongestants and work on sinus and nasal congestion, however, the main difference is that Actifed also contains the active ingredient Triprolidine, which is an antihistamine and will also help treat the symptoms associated with allergies.
Does Actifed make you drowsy?
Actifed can make you feel drowsy. If after taking this medication you feel it makes you feel drowsy then you should avoid driving or using machines.
How do I use Actifed?
Actifed should be taken orally with ONE tablet taken every 4 - 6 hours, up to 4 times a day. Leaving at least 4 hours between doses. Taking no more than 4 tablets within a 24 hour period.
What are the side effects of Actifed?
The most common side effects of Actifed are feeling sick or vomiting, drowsiness, dry mouth, nose or throat, headache, restlessness, difficulty sleeping. The full list of side effects is stated in the patient information leaflet.
Can I take Actifed if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
No. If you are breastfeeding, pregnant, think you may pregnant or trying to get pregnant then we advise you speak to your doctor or pharmacist for advice on what is medication is safest for you to take.
Can I drink alcohol if I am taking Actifed?
No. Alcohol should be avoided during the course of treatment.
Side effects of Actifed Tablets
Like all medicines, Actifed can have side effects, but not everyone gets them. It is important to be aware of these, in case you need to report them.
Please read the patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects.
Common side effects:
- Feeling sick or vomiting
- Dry mouth, nose or throat
- Difficulty sleeping
Uncommon side effects:
- Difficulty passing urine
- Increased heart rate
- Skin Rashes
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Actifed Tablets
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Take ONE tablet every 4 - 6 hours
- The dose can be repeated up to 4 times a day
- Leave at least 4 hours between each dose
- Do not take more than 4 doses in a 24 hour period.
- If symptoms persist, seek advice from your doctor.
Warnings for Actifed Tablets
- For oral use only.
- Do not take more than the stated dose.
- Do not give to children under 12 years old.
- Do not drink alcohol whilst taking this medication
- Do not drive/operate machinery if this medication makes you feel drowsy
- Do not take if you have high blood pressure/heart disease
- Do not take if you have had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients
- Do not take if you have taken Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs), which is a medication for depression, in the last 14 days.
- Do not take if you are taking furazolidone (an antibacterial agent)
- Keep the product out of the reach and sight of children.
- If you are taking any other medication then speak to a healthcare professional before you start taking Actifed tablets.
If any of the following apply then you should seek advice from a doctor before you start taking this medication:
- Liver or kidney conditions
- High blood pressure or heart disease
- Diabetes or have an intolerance to certain sugars.
- Overactive thyroid gland
- Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye)
- Prostate problems (difficulty with passing urine/need to pass urine more often)
Ingredients in Actifed Tablets
Active Ingredients: pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60mg and triprolidine hydrochloride 2.5mg
Other Ingredients: lactose, maize starch, povidone and magnesium stearate.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options