- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Anthisan 2% Cream 25g
- Provides relief from insect bites, nettle rash & stings
- Suitable for patients 2 years and up
- Contains Mepyramine Maleate
Buy Anthisan Cream Online
Anthisan Cream contains a medicine called mepyramine maleate. This
belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. It works by
blocking a natural substance (histamine) that your body makes during
an allergic reaction.
Anthisan Cream may be provided directly by a pharmacist for use in
the following situation:
• Pain, itching and inflammation caused by insect stings, bites and nettle
Like all medicines, Anthisan Cream can cause side effects, although not
everybody gets them.
Stop using Anthisan Cream and see a doctor or go to a hospital
straight away if you notice any of the following side effects:
• An allergic reaction. The signs may include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
Stop using Anthisan Cream and tell a pharmacist if you notice the
following side effect:
• An increase in skin redness, swelling and itching in the area where you
have used the cream. This might be due to a mild allergic reaction
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Using this medicine (adults, elderly and children)
• Apply the cream directly to the affected areas of skin
• Do not apply the cream on eczema and badly broken skin
• Apply the cream two to three times a day for up to three days
• For best results, use as soon as possible after the bite or sting
Do not use this medicine and tell your doctor or pharmacist if:
You are allergic (hypersensitive) to mepyramine maleate or any of the
other ingredients of Anthisan Cream (listed in Section 6 below)
The signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or
breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
Do not apply the cream on:
Extensively broken skin
Do not use this medicine if any of the above applies to you. If you are
not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Anthisan Cream.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently
taken any other medicines. This includes medicines you can buy without
prescription, including herbal medicines.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Talk to your doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might
become pregnant, or think you may be pregnant.
If you are breast-feeding or planning to breast-feed, talk to your doctor or
pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
You may feel drowsy or sleepy while using this medicine. If this happens,
do not drive or use any tools or machines.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Anthisan
This medicine contains:
• Ceto-stearyl alcohol and castor oil. These may cause local skin reactions
(such as ‘‘contact dermatitis’’ which may include the following symptoms: skin redness, swelling and itching, pain or burning sensation).
• Methyl hydroxybenzoate. This may cause an allergic reaction. This allergy may happen some time after starting the medicine
What Anthisan Cream contains:
• Each 1g of cream contains 20mg of the active substance, mepyramine maleate
• ceto-stearyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol 600
monostearate, castor oil, methyl hydroxybenzoate, foin coupe (fragrance), silicon antifoam and purified water
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options