Piriton Allergy Tablets (Pack of 30)
- Helps to treat allergic symptoms of Hayfever & other allergies
- Contains Chlorphenamine Maleate
- Can also relieve itchy skin rashes caused by chicken pox
Buy Piriton Allergy Tablets Online
Piriton Allergy Tablets act as an antihistamine to keep you free from allergy symptoms. It contains the active ingredient Chlorphenamine which relieves the symptoms of allergies and itchy skin rashes. Piriton Allergy Tablets can also be used to relieve cold and flu symptoms.
An effective, reliable hay fever and allergy medication, you can purchase Piriton Allergy Tablets over-the-counter and without a prescription.
How Does Piriton Hayfever Tablets Relieve Allergy Symptoms?
Piriton Allergy Tablets contain Chlorphenamine as an antihistamine an active ingredient. Chlorphenamine works to reduce the effects of histamines when you have an allergic reaction and relieve you of the symptoms.
What is Piriton tablets effective for?
- Dust mites and mould spore allergies
- Nettle rashes and hives
- Skin allergies and dermatitis
- Prickly heat and heat rash
- Allergic reactions to certain foods or food additives
- Medicine reactions
- Insect bites and stings
- Itching caused by chickenpox
Who is Piriton Hayfever Tablets Suitable for?
This Piriton product is suitable for adults and children aged 6 years and over. You must be at least 16 years old to purchase this product.
Like all medicines, chlorphenamine can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
Common side effects
Common side effects of chlorphenamine happen in more than 1 in 100 people.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if these side effects bother you or don't go away:
- feeling sleepy during the daytime
- feeling sick (nausea)
- feeling dizzy or difficulty concentrating
- dry mouth
- blurred vision
- Children and people aged over 65 have more chance of getting some side effects, such as feeling restless, excited or confused.
Serious side effects
Tell your doctor straight away if you have:
- yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes - these can be signs of liver problems
- bruising or bleeding that's more than normal
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults (including the elderly) and children aged over 12 years: Take one tablet every 4 to 6 hours.
Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Children aged 6 to 12 years: Give 1/2 tablet every 4 to 6 hours.
Do not give more than 6 half tablets in 24 hours.
Children under 6 years of age: Not recommended.
Do not take these tablets if you:
- Are allergic to antihistamines or to any of the ingredients listed above.
- Have taken drugs for depression called monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) within the last 14 days.
Please see your doctor before you take these tablets if you:
- Have epilepsy, glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, an overactive thyroid, very high blood pressure, or heart, liver or lung disease.
- Are taking drugs to treat anxiety or to help you sleep.
- Are taking any medicine containing phenytoin for epilepsy.
Taking this medicine with food and drink:
As with other antihistamines the effects of alcohol may be increased.
Pregnancy and breast feeding:
Medicines should not be used during pregnancy, or breast feeding, without seeking advice from a doctor.
Driving and using machines
These tablets may cause drowsiness, dizziness, blurred vision and loss of co-ordination. If you experience any of these effects do not drive or operate machinery.
Important information about some of the ingredients of the tablets:
This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking.
Containsthe active ingredient: Chlorphenamine maleate 4 mg.
Other ingredients: Lactose, maize starch, yellow iron oxide (E172), magnesium stearate and water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options