- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Mouth Ulcer Oils & Pastilles | Dental Care Treatments | Rightdose
Mouth ulcers can be painful and uncomfortable. However, they’re rarely the sign of more serious health conditions.
Most mouth ulcers are caused by:
- Biting the inside of the mouth
- Loose dentures
- Burns from hot food or drinks
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Brushing too vigorously or with a rough brush
If you have several mouth ulcers at the same time, this could be a sign of hand, foot and mouth disease or lichen planus. This may need a specialist cream to treat.
Assuming your mouth ulcer isn’t caused by another health condition, there’s a lot you can do to relieve symptoms and speed up the healing process.
Dealing with mouth ulcers
If your mouth ulcer is caused by a food allergy or intolerance, the easiest step to take is to avoid the food. Your mouth ulcer should begin to heal when it’s no longer exposed to the allergen.
Other steps you can take include:
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush
- Drink cold drinks, using a straw
- Avoid hard foods, such as toast or crisps
- Avoid spicy, salty or acidic foods
There are also several treatments available from pharmacies that’ll speed up healing and soothe the symptoms of your mouth ulcer.
Mouth ulcer treatment
At Rightdose, we supply a range of mouth ulcer treatments, so you can easily find the one that’s right for you.
These include lozenges which can be slowly dissolved in the mouth. These sooth mouth ulcers and sore gums. Clove oil can be applied directly to the ulcer. This has an anesthetic affect, quickly soothing pain.
There’s no reason why you should simply live with the discomfort of mouth ulcer. At Rightdose, we can supply the right treatment quickly and easily.
Rightdose - your personalised pharmacy, delivered.